These days, you’re lucky if you get so much as a snack on a cross-country flight for free. But if you’re flying, you might not be aware of some of the complimentary things flight attendants will gladly offer you.
Here’s a list, courtesy of Business Insider’s Talia Avakian:
- The Whole Can of Soda – Want more soda than just the small cup that already has ice in it? Ask your flight attendant for the entire can.
- Medication and Bandages – On most flights, flight attendants will gladly offer basics such as bandages, ibuprofen, and antacids. They probably won’t offer a free xanax, though.
- Hot Chocolate – Etihad Airways, Virgin Atlantic, and Southwest Airlines all offer hot chocolate in economy.
- Combs and Playing Cards – Some airlines offer combs and playing cards on long-haul flights; all you have to do is ask for them.
- Free Alcohol – Some airlines, including Alaska Airlines, US Airways, and Delta, offer free wine or alcohol on international flights.
- Extra Snacks – Flight attendants are usually happy to give any leftover snacks after they serve passengers to anyone who wants seconds.
- Sanitizing Wipes – Don’t leave home without them.
What else would you want?