High credit card bills aren’t the end of the world. They might seem stressful, but there are steps you can take.
Remember: You aren’t fighting the credit card debt problem alone. Lots of people, believe it or not, have worse credit card debt problems compared to you. And by taking action on your debt, you’re making progress.
There are different methods for tackling high credit card bills. Here are nine of our favorites:
- Strategizing The Situation: Draw up a spreadsheet or a table listing each credit card, the balance on the bill, the payment due date, the APR, reward points earned, possible bonus promotions, and any annual fees.
- Populate that credit card spreadsheet! Fill it up with information about your cards.
- Discover which card creates the most credit card debt issues in terms of high APR and high balance.
- See if there are any saved up reward points which may be used for partial payments.
- Build a comparison list of different offers and opportunities for consolidating credit card debt or low-fee balance transfers or peer-to-peer lending.
- Pay as much as possible to reduce debt on the credit card which contributes the most to credit card debt.
- Build healthy, conscious spending problems. Don’t impulse shop and buy nice things that you really treasure!
- Find side hustles or new clients which allow you to make more money.
- Reduce your debt with time.
Remember–these methods are just one approach for tackling high credit card bills.