Each week, Almost Millions offers up the best links to make you awesome about being self-employed. Here are our latest articles, as well as some great stuff to buy:
1. There’s a science to finding clients you want to work with. (April Greer / Millo)
2. Instacart is cutting salaries for contractors and employees again. (Jason Del Rey / Re/Code)
3. How to use Evernote for work. (Trent Hamm / The Simple Dollar)
4. Are you a freelancer? Here are three rules so you don’t get screwed. (Ted Leonhardt / Fast Company)
5. The creator of Old Geek Jobs generated $1000 of revenue from a Google Form in one month. (John Wheeler / Medium)
6. For writers, there’s an art to revealing your salary. (Charlotte Shane / The New Republic)
7. If you’re advertising on a budget, you need a good guide to Facebook ad specs and image sizes. (Spencer Lanoue / Buffer)
8. A comedian explains why side hustles are a sign of the apocalypse. (Matt Ruby / Medium)
9. Learn what it’s be like to work as a financial advisor for billionaires. (Shankar Vedantam / NPR Hidden Brain)
10. When asked for advice, this entrepreneur says fuck you, pay me. (Jon Westenberg / Medium)
Things To Buy
1. You can now book house cleaning and office services directly through Amazon.
2. Reading Valley of the Gods is a great way to understand Silicon Valley culture.
3. Man, the LED Word Clock is all sorts of amazing.