We’re trying something new: Community-building for the self employed.
Our new Facebook group, Self-Employed And Loving It, is a place for freelancers and self-employed folks to talk shop and trade tips. It doesn’t matter if you’re a part-time freelancer, have a side gig, or work for yourself full-time — come join us.
Things To Read.
- The secrets to working at home when you have kids. (Blog Society / Abbi Perets)
- How to avoid the three easiest ways to mess up your freelance contracts. (Entrepreneur / Katie Perry)
- How I overcame my biggest freelancer fears. (Fast Company / Michael Grothaus)
- Uber’s drivers don’t think self-driving cars are coming for their jobs just yet. (Fortune / Lisa Eadicicco)
- How to get started publicizing your book if you’re self-publishing. (Jane Friedman / Dave Chilton)
Things To Buy.
- The Tech Contracts Handbook: Cloud Computing Agreements, Software Licenses, and Other IT Contracts for Lawyers and Businesspeople is the easiest guide around to contract-writing for your consulting or software business. (David W. Tollen)
- One of America’s best writers offers a masterclass in writing with The Way of the Writer: Reflections on the Art and Craft of Storytelling. (Charles Johnson)
- If you’re looking for a great book of essays, try out There Are More Beautiful Things Than Beyonce. (Morgan Parker)
- Get ready for the summer and camping adventures with the Coleman Sundome 2 Person Tent.
- You can now set up Alexa in your house for less than $50 with the Amazon Echo Dot.