We’re trying something new: Community-building for the self employed.
Our new Facebook group, Self-Employed And Loving It, is a place for freelancers and self-employed folks to talk shop and trade tips. It doesn’t matter if you’re a part-time freelancer, have a side gig, or work for yourself full-time — come join us.
Things To Explore.
1. Us Weekly’s longtime movie critic explains Five Things I Learned After Being Laid Off From Us Weekly. (Art + Marketing / Mara Reinstein)
2. 55 Freelance Businesses You Can Start For Free Tomorrow Morning. (Forbes / Abdullahi Mohammed)
3. Uber, Airbnb, and Taskrabbit…. Is The Gig Economy Worth The Hassle? (USA Today / Steve Strauss)
4. Here are Five Reasons It’s Worth It To Hire Freelance Writers. (Freelance Writing / Patrick Foster)
5. A great podcast on How To Start Selling on Amazon with Ryan and Nick from Online Selling Experiment. (Smart Passive Income / Pat Flynn)
Things To Buy.
- Make delicious craft beer at home with the Pico – Craft Beer Brewing Appliance.
2. Summer’s here, and get a great grill for cheap: The Weber 741001 Original Kettle 22-Inch Charcoal Grill.
3. Organize your luggage like a pro thanks to the AmazonBasics 4-Piece Packing Cube Set – Small, Medium, Large, and Slim.